Friday, July 10, 2009

Kittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by, Emily :)

I recently gave away my kitten, Blessing,to a friend of mine. Lady was pregnant again, and I was waiting anxiously for the kittens arrival. :) Well, 6 days after I gave away Blessing, me and Brandon were going out to milk the goats at 6:00am in the morning. I walked into the barn and began calling Lady. (The evening before she had looked suspicious to me, so I was curious how she was doing that morning.) She didn't answer. That either meant she wasn't there, or ....she had kittens. For some reason, she never answers me when she has just had her kittens...I don't know why. I knew she HAD to be there, though, because she ALWAYS is there for her early-morning snack of goats milk. So I began, first, to look under all the hay feeders. While looking under the LAST one, I saw SOMETHING moving. ....I couldn't tell what it was, but then I figured it out....it was Lady, and she was licking SOMETHING. I yanked open the door into the small sheep lambing pen, and dropped onto me knees, looking under........sure enough, one, two, three, four, FIVE kittens! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :) I yelled to Brandon and he replied "You're kidding!" Yep....there was five of them, all squealing and nursing. Some of them were dry, and some of them were quite wet. Well, four of them were orange.....FOUR! And ONE was black! ....very black, at that.....not one single hair of white on its body! Well, I "checked" them all, and they were all BOYS! Needless to say, we got done milking in record time that morning.....half the time of what it normally takes! (I went VERY fast!) Well, I stayed with Lady through the morning, 'cause I was SURE I could feel another kitten in her. Probably about half an hour later, she started pushing. Out came another kitten....and yes, it was ORANGE, and it was a BOY!!! :) I couldn't help but laugh. Then I had to go in, but I was SURE I felt ANOTHER kitten in her! So, I went to check on her.....I was thinking that there was nothing new, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw a brand-new kitten! For those of you that don't know, I ended up naming Blessings brother Rascal. :) Sadly, he died....we think he was maybe killed by a chicken. :( (when he was a week old.) :( Well, this new kitten was TINY ....especially compared to it's brothers! And it is the EXACT image of Rascal! All the same markings! Dark gray and Black striped....and it's SOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!!!!!! And you won't believe it, but it was a BOY! :0 :) Well, all seven of them are doing just peachy, and they're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!
If anyone is interested in an adorable kitten, let me know and I'll reserve one for you ....and I'm also looking for suggestions for BOY kitten names!!!!! :)
MEOW! :)

2 comments:

Little Learners said...

Dear Emily,
I understand your enjoyment of kittens, but I feel obliged to inform you first of all that it is NOT HEALTHY for your mama cat to continue to keep getting pregnant over and over! Secondly, I would encourage you to visit an animal shelter or humane society, either in person or via the website so you can see HOW MANY kittens and puppies there are up for adoption because they are not wanted because of the huge number of irresponsible pet owners who do not spay or neuter their cats (and dogs. I implore you to spay your cat and instead focus on the miracles of birth of the animals on your farm that are not on the overpopulated list. THANKS! ALL MY LOVE! Aunt Melissa
PS. That's my letter for the week! Sorry I haven't written, been busy outside! Will write a letter by mail next week!

Mindy said...

Dear Aunt Melissa,
I will definantly consider getting Lady spayed if I ever have problems finding homes for her kittens. But thankfully we have always found very good homes for her kittens, and ocasionally we even sell them. Thanks for the comment-I appreciate it!
Lots of love,
Emily
P.S. That's ok you haven't written- we're busy too! :) (ofcourse!)