Thursday, April 11, 2013

Goat Kids & Syruping!

 
Blondie gave birth to twin bucklings last Wednesday!  :)  We were hoping for boy and girl twins because we were going to name them Billy & Nadine after my Aunt and Uncle that just got married.  But...Blondie had different plans, so it's Billy & Willy.  ;-)  Billy looks exactly like his dad, and Willy takes after his mom!  Blondie went into labor early Wedneday morning, I noticed her acting strange when I went out for chores, and voila! we had twins within about an hour. :D  I'm hoping to get the birthing video posted soon, but I'm having some trouble with movie maker, so we'll see.... :)






 
 
The run is starting!  Ben & Jonny tapped about 100 trees about 2 1/2 weeks ago and the run has been pretty good.  There is about 3 gallons of delicious boxelder syrup sitting on the counter right now. :)
 
 
Dad straining sap

Jonny is really excited about this! :)

Jackson guarding us all while we collect ;)


The boys & I heading out to collect from the trees by the road

Jonny & I

Jonny collecting sap



Me collecting :)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I guessed correctly! :) Billy and Willy are very handsome.