Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chocolate Goat Milk.....YUM!


If there is one thing my husband loves it's chocolate chip cookies. I can't tell you how many batches of those cookies we have made.....tons! Every time he walks by the cookie jar, he just cannot resist opening it up and grabbing a couple. You would never know it by looking at Mike. I have been trying, for 16 years, to fatten him up and it's just not working. :)

Another favorite of his is chocolate milk. My children have come to love this too! Of course we make our own chocolate milk, which is simple, and it's a great treat for a crew of hard workin' people. So next time your children get done helping you weed the garden, mix them up a jar of chocolate (goat) milk and watch them smile. :)
Here is our recipe:

1/4 cup of cocoa
1/2 cup cane juice crystals
1 cup of milk
Add these ingredients to a sauce pot, stir, and simmer for 5 minutes
Then pour this mixture into your 1/2 gallon jar of cold raw goats milk, shake the jar, then add some ice if you like. Enjoy! :) Enjoy it even more with a couple chocolate chip cookies! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mindy, it's Lenore. We met a couple of weeks ago.

Where do you get cane juice crystals for your chocolate milk mix?

Thanks!

Mindy said...

Hi Lenore,
It was so nice to meet you and your family!
I get my cane juice crystals from a company called Country Life. I order all my bulk grains,nuts, and other dry goods from them. Dan and Becky's Market in Cokato also carries cane juice crystal. :)
Mindy