Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cooking With Herbs Class

Are you interested in herbs and learning how to cook with them? Come join us at Housman Farms for an educational cooking class. We will be discussing ten different culinary herbs, their healing properties, and their nutritional values. Bring your appetite along for some taste testing, and we will send you home with the information and recipes you need to start cooking with herbs in your own home.

I have been wanting to do a class like this for about a year. Last summer, during our Farmer's Market, I had so many customers express an interest in learning more about herbs. People would look at the herbs I was selling and say, "I would love to buy that and use it, but I don't know what I would do with it." Or I had other people asking me what they could do with the herbs that they had growing in their own yard. So for all of you who are wanting more information, I am finally doing a class! :)

One reason I have been procrastinating doing this is simply a lack of confidence in my ability, but my husband keeps telling me that I am fully capable. Most instructors have lots of letters behind their names, giving them the qualifications to teach. I do have some letters I can put behind my name - MOM,HOMEMAKER,COOK. :) I am just someone who loves herbs, natural healing, and making healthy meals. I simply desire to teach you what I have learned from cooking three meals a day for my family for the past 16 years, and what I've learned from taking care of them by natural means.

The class will be held in my home, with limited seating available. Emily, my sister, Nadine, and I will be conducting the class. Weather permitting, we will be taking a tour through the herb garden. Then indoors we will be going over an information packet, so you can learn some specifics about each herb. Following our "class" time, we'll have some fun making a bunch of recipes, and then even more fun tasting them all! :) The menu includes main dishes, a salad and dressings, side dishes, desserts, and drinks.

Here is a sneak preview of a few of the foods we will be making...... and eating.
(We will send you home with at least 10 new recipes!)

(Cheddar Basil Biscuits)

(Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Chops)

(Peppermint Haystacks)

Class Details:
Tuesday, July 27th
6:30-9pm
$16.00
Housman Farms
320-275-0121
Call the farm to reserve your spot in the class. Hope to see you there! :)

No comments: