Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Farmwife's Journal-May 2nd

It took every ounce of will power I had to make myself go outside and work in the garden today.  Strong winds, clouds, and 35 degrees just don't make for a nice time in the garden.  I put on my winter hat before I went out, but quickly realized I needed my scarf and winter gloves too. :(

Ben and I added the last load of manure to the herb garden.  After that, Ben tilled some of it in, but then realized that it was still too wet, so we started working in the big garden.  Ben and Jonny worked together to till it up.  I think they would have tilled the whole yard if I had asked them to; they were really enjoying themselves! :)  I love this picture of them tilling with a sandbox full of toys nearby.  Who needs toys when you have tillers? :)


Not that they don't enjoy playing....they spent about two hours riding four wheelers this afternoon and shooting their pellet guns.  But work can be fun for children, especially if you do it with them!

I got some lettuce that I had growing under lights planted in the garden today, and I also put some more spinach seeds in.

Mike took Emily to the Chiropractor today. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive