Monday, July 25, 2011

Farmwife's Journal - July 25th

Today we did a lot of picking...cucumbers, carrots, beets, broccoli, raspberries, and blueberries.  By the time we were done it was pretty hot out, so we decided to go for a four wheeler ride to cool off. 

It's funny, when Em and I go for a ride, we just cruise along enjoying the countryside and the breeze.  Not so with boys!  They have to do fishtails, create dust, ride in the ditch, stop to look at things, put their four wheeler in neutral and try running along side of it while going down hill, and anything else out of the ordinary! What should have been a peaceful drive felt like chaos!

As we were driving back home, I was thinking about telling them that next time I am going to leave them home and go alone with Emily.  I figured that would motivate them to just drive along nicely, like us girls.  But as I continued to mull this over in my mind, a smile came to my face.  "They are boys, Mindy!", I said to myself.  How could I squish their "boyness"?  I would be disgusted if they acted like girls, so shouldn't I celebrate the fact that they are acting like boys? :)  They weren't being naughty...just being boys! :)

I love boys!  Yes, they are peculiar creatures, but they are so much fun, and not at all boring! :)  So when we got home, I said nothing.  Just went on with life as usual. :)  Boys will be boys! :)

We had an awesome lunch today....even my kids thought so!  A fresh garden salad, carrot sticks (picked fresh), farm fresh hard boiled eggs, sliced cucumbers, and homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert! :)  There is nothing better than eating the food you grow! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive