Monday, January 2, 2012

Omamacare! :)

Due to a lack of focus on nutrition by health care providers (and an emphasis on medication with side effects) and for reasons of self-sufficiency, we have tried to take charge of our own health by eating healthy home-grown foods and learning to care for our bodies.

I want to encourage moms to take care of their children's ailments. There are times that it is necessary to see a doctor, but most sicknesses and injuries can be taken care of at home. You know your child better than anyone else, and your love for them will motivate you to seek the best treatments for them.

It is not as hard as you think to be your own doctor! With every answer at your fingertips - the Internet, you can learn to handle almost all health problems at home, without medicine (pharmaceuticals). I hope, by doing some blog posts on natural remedies, to inspire you to take care of yourself and your family at home. With some knowledge of herbs and other natural remedies, you will quickly become confident in your own abilities! :)

Some of us have just gotten lazy.  It seems easier to just go to the doctor, but the problem with going to the doctor is that you will likely come home with a prescription drug which will, in the long run, only compound the problems that you are dealing with. 

My children with Whooping Cough, waiting for their "medicine".  August, 2004
Mama, you can learn to care for your family! :)  You don't need to depend on the government to take care of you!  I will post some practical tips for you in what I will call, "Health Journals".  In these posts, I will share with you the natural remedies that our family uses.  In a notebook, I have documented our families injuries, sicknesses, and other health problems and what I did to treat them. I'll use this journal to help give you ideas of how you can treat your family too.  (I've made sure my children know where my journal is, so that it can get passed on to future generations when I croak. :))

Omamacare...best care there is!!! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive